April 4, 2008

Home Made-Cheese Ball

I have always enjoyed, being the host of the party. I like to make things, that are easily prepared in advance. It helps to make the day of the party, alot less hectic. This home made cheese ball is one of my favorites to make. I always receive great compliments on this one, too. My friend swore for years, that I purchased it from a gourmet store, until I taught her how to make it.

Cheese Ball

Ingredients:

  • 16 oz. softened cream cheese
  • 1/2 cup of crumbled blue cheese
  • 1 1/4 cup of grated cheddar cheese
  • 1/2 cup of onions diced small
  • 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 tsp. salt, pepper
  • 1/2 cup of parsley
  • Town House type crackers

Directions:

  1. In a medium mixing bowl, combine all ingredients (except parsley, and crackers)
  2. Using an electric mixer, beat on low speed until well mixed
  3. Cover, and refrigerate for 12 hours.
  4. Shape mixture into ball, and roll in parsley, until completely covered, refrigerate for an additional 3 hours.
  5. Remove from refrigerator, place on serving platter, and surround with crackers.
  6. This can be made up to a week in advance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I'm Alisha from Wowzio, and I'm excited to tell you about our new widget platform that helps bloggers increase readership by providing engaging widgets containing your blog's rich content. You can check out widgets customized for your blog here:

Wowzio Widgets for your Blog

I wanted to reach out to you to ask for your feedback on these widgets (feel free to install them on your blog, if you feel they are a good fit). I'm sorry for leaving this message via a comment, it's not at all our intent to spam you ( which is why i'm leaving this comment on an older post and you can always remove this comment ). Again, we would love to hear your feedback.

Thanks,
Alisha Wright
alisha.wright1@gmail.com